2 patches for cabal report

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:28:02 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Vo Minh Thu <noteed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are two patches to make `cabal report` works; one for
> caba-install, one for hackage-server. The patch for hackage-server
> actually has another patch within to bring in the crypt library when
> building hackage-mirror.

The hackage-server patch looks well done. I think that the decision to
send the build report in the request body was a good one.

I have a question, though - is ByteString.unpack the correct function
to use to convert to a String?  If you need simple UTF8 you can use
Distribution.Simple.Utils.fromUTF8 and toUTF8 on top of the
ByteString.pack/unpack, but that really depends on what the client is
doing.

I'm not an export on Cabal-Install, so I'll wait for someone else to
do a full review, but all of the changes with the new command-line
options look good to me.

In Upload.hs 'report', you probably don't want to mess around with the
`legacyUploadURI'. I'm not sure what URI you should be uploading to,
but that one is a pain. You should pick a URL that's sensible, and
then we'll have to make sure it's handled in hackage-server.

We can certainly talk more about the URL issues if you want :-)

Take care,
Antoine