darcs patch: Only warn about missing static directory (and 2 more)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:25:37 EST 2010

On 6 November 2010 16:31, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Joachim Breitner
> <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 3 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/hackage-server:
>>
>> These implement bulk writing and reading of Distro data in CSV format.
>>

> Is there a way to set it up so that applies go to the list? Is doing
> so good idea? I think we talked about this briefly off list.

Yes, I can do that.

I've decided to try switching to just sending one email per bunch of
patches. I feel that not enough people are discussing things on
cabal-devel. Plenty of people work in pairs or email just me. I wonder
if it is because the mailing list currently just gets swamped with
commit messages.

I'm sure we'll get more discussion and more volunteers if it looks
like the cabal-devel list is a more lively place where people can ask
questions. I mean mainly development issues, not user questions which
is served well by haskell-cafe and stack overflow.

We should also more explicitly indicate that the list is for hackage
development too.