[Hackage] #759: please clarify/document --remote-repo

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Thu Nov 4 10:52:42 EDT 2010

#759: please clarify/document --remote-repo
  Reporter:  claus               |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                      |
 I often find myself writing example code that I'd like to distribute via
 cabal, but without further burdening hackage with not generally useful

 The source code has an undocumented(?) option `--remote-repo` that seems
 to serve that purpose, but there is little documentation, sometimes
 conflicting info, about how to put this to use.

 Mailing list threads:

 Repo layout descriptions (differs between hackage 1.0 and 2.0, which is
 hardcoded in `cabal-install`):

 Related tickets: #758, comment:6:ticket:428

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/759>