Cabal documentation

Henning Thielemann cabal at
Mon Mar 22 14:52:49 EDT 2010

I have added some suggestions about conditional compilation to

Maybe my suggestion about using Hs-Source-Dirs for conditional compilation
can be added to

I'm confused with a paragraph from

"If dependencies were missing, the last flag (as by the order in which
the flags were introduced in the package description) is tried with its
alternative value and so on. This continues until either an assignment is
found where all dependencies can be satisfied, or all possible flag
assignments have been tried."

I assumed that the automatic search for appropriate flag assignments is
only done by cabal-install, not by Cabal.