[Hackage] #89: Sharing of object files between executable builds?

Hackage trac at galois.com
Mon Mar 8 16:49:27 EST 2010

#89: Sharing of object files between executable builds?
  Reporter:  bjorn@…             |        Owner:  blackh
      Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  assigned
 Component:  Cabal library       |      Version:
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  easy (<4 hours)     |   Ghcversion:  6.4.2
  Platform:  Linux               |

Comment(by StephenBlackheath):

 Here's my first attempt at a patch to fix the wrong-package-id/ghc-6.12
 issue more or less the right way:

 Here is my patch for cabal install to fix the other remaining ticket 89
 problem where 'cabal install' fails with "internal error: could not
 construct a valid install plan." on any package that depends on an
 internally-defined library:

 Duncan told me he can't get to this right now, but in the meantime I'd
 appreciate anyone that wants to test or review these patches.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/89#comment:28>