patch applied (cabal): Fix QA check on version range syntax to detect use of ()'s

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:24:41 EDT 2010

Wed Jun  2 10:37:03 PDT 2010  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Fix QA check on version range syntax to detect use of ()'s
  The problem was that we do the QA check on using the new version range
  syntax after parsing. The new syntax allows ()'s but previously the
  code threw them away in the parser stage. We now retain them in the
  AST and deal with them appropriately. This now allows the QA check to
  be accurate and detect things like "build-depends: base (>= 4.2)".

    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Check.hs -14 +55
    M ./Distribution/Version.hs -5 +10
    M ./tests/Test/Distribution/Version.hs -7 +61

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=cabal;a=darcs_commitdiff;h=20100602173703-adfee-ebe7caa5ffcabc8de543708eeee246670386acd2.gz