haskeline without terminfo

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Wed Jun 2 09:57:24 EDT 2010

Hi,

usually I install haskeline without terminfo, because I don't miss any
functionality and try to avoid installing unused packages.

I do so either manually (and global) via Setup or by:

  cabal install -f -terminfo haskeline

However, when I install another package that depends on haskeline (i.e.
"cabal install pugs") it will reinstall terminfo and haskeline.

It does not reinstall haskeline if I manually install terminfo by "cabal
install terminfo", although my old (global) haskeline package does not
depend on the new (local) terminfo package.

1. What do I gain when I use haskeline with terminfo?

2. How can I convince "cabal install <pkg-depending-on-haskeline>" to
use my installed haskeline version without terminfo?

Where is more documentation for the flags?

--constraint=DEPENDENCY        A list of additional constraints on the
                               dependencies.

--preference=DEPENDENCY        Specify preferences (soft constraints) on
                               the version of a package

Cheers Christian

cabal-install version 0.8.2
using version 1.8.0.6 of the Cabal library