preprocessSources

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:04:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 20:54 +0200, Phyx wrote:
> I’m trying to use the Cabal api to preprocess a .cabal file and have
> it run the preprocessors.

> But preprocessSources takes a PackageDescription (which I get from a
> GenericPackageDescription) so this does not contain any information on
> the Executables or Libraries in the cabal file.  So nothing gets
> executed.

The GenericPackageDescription is a bit confusing. It contains a
PackageDescription but you should really ignore that one. That one only
contains the top level meta info about the package.

To get a PackageDescription from a GenericPackageDescription you either
need to flatten it, or to pick a particular configuration, ie resolve
all the conditionals.

If you want to build the package then flattening does not make sense,
you must instead finalise it, using finalizePackageDescription.