[Hackage] #715: glib should require gtk2hs-buildtools

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Tue Jul 20 20:34:52 EDT 2010

#715: glib should require gtk2hs-buildtools
  Reporter:  JadeNB         |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:  6.12.2
  Platform:  Mac OS         |
 I just installed GHC 6.12.3 (it's not an option on the drop-down GHC
 version menu, which is why I said 6.12.2 there) and Haskell Platform on
 Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8) from source, and tried to install glib.  I got:
 $ cabal install glib
 Resolving dependencies...

      warning: #warning Setup.hs is guessing the version of Cabal. If
 compilation of Setup.hs fails use -DCABAL_VERSION_MINOR=x for Cabal
 version 1.x.0 when building (prefixed by --ghc-option= when using the
 'cabal' command)
 [1 of 2] Compiling Gtk2HsSetup      (
 [2 of 2] Compiling Main             (
 Configuring glib-0.11.0...
 setup: gtk2hsC2hs is required but it could not be found.
 glib-0.11.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
 ExitFailure 1
 $ cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools
 $ cabal install glib
 works fine, so I think that it is just a missing dependency.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/715>