[Hackage] #707: cabal-install config setting "documentation: True" ignores base library dependency

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Tue Jul 6 23:13:03 EDT 2010

#707: cabal-install config setting "documentation: True" ignores base library
dependency
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  KiYungAhn           |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:  1.8.0.2
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:  cabal-install, link, dependency, documentation
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:  6.12.1
  Platform:  Linux               |
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 I use "documentation: True" setting in the cabal-install config file (in
 linux $HOME/.cabal/config) since I prefer to install documentation locally
 with the library, and recently found out that this ignores the base
 library version in the .cabal files.  I am not sure about whether they
 ignore other libraries but for base it is for sure.  Even though the
 package cabal file specifies base >= 4 the cabal-install seems to revert
 back to base version 3 when I use "documentation: True" in the config
 file.

 In particular, I found this bug when I was working with the RepLib
 package.  I had a link error when I was using the "documentation: True"
 option in the config, but when I commented that out and worked with the
 default config file everything worked.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/707>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>