[Hackage] #778: ConfigFlags { configConfigurationsFlags } field should contain flags which are defined in .cabal file, but aren't specified in command line with -flags=...

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Fri Dec 17 23:40:25 CET 2010

#778: ConfigFlags { configConfigurationsFlags } field should contain flags which
are defined in .cabal file, but aren't specified in command line with
-flags=...
  Reporter:  nartamonov     |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:  HEAD
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:  6.12.3
  Platform:                 |
 I have custom Flag declaration in .cabal file:

 Flag debug
   Default:           True

 and some conditionals (if flag(debug) ...) which depend on this flag. In
 custom Setup.hs I use data structure Distribution.Simple.Setup.ConfigFlags
 and its field configConfigurationsFlags to get value of 'debug' flag. But
 it seems that field contains flag entry only when I explicitly mention
 flag during configuration phase in command line with '-fdebug' or '--
 flags=debug'.

 I think it is wrong because even if I don't mention flag in command line
 he will be initialized to True and conditionals (in *.cabal) which depend
 on it will be evaluated according to this default value. It would be
 awesome if I could access flag with its implicitly assigned value via
 ConfigFlags { configConfigurationsFlags }.

 My custom Setup.hs machinery heavily depends on values of such flags, and
 it is inconvenient to explicitly define all of them via command line
 during configuration phase.

 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/778>