New test-suite functionality

Thomas Tuegel ttuegel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:50:42 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at googlemail.com> wrote:
> So we ought to find a better way of representing the situation with
> configure --disable-tests, so that cabal test fails with a helpful error
> message to reconfigure with --enable-tests, and rebuild. Currently we
> cannot distinguish no testsuites from disabled testsuites.

Changing the 'testSuites' field of the PackageDescription to be a
'Maybe [TestSuites]' instead of just '[TestSuites]' would do.
('Nothing' == disabled tests and 'Just []' == no tests.) A patch like
that would touch a lot of places in the test suite code, but not in a
meaningful way.  Should I write a patch to do it this way?

--
Thomas Tuegel