patch applied (cabal): Add a note explaining the logic of Igloo's previous preprocessing change

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:06:38 EDT 2010

Fri Aug 20 05:00:31 PDT 2010  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Add a note explaining the logic of Igloo's previous preprocessing change
  We previously checked during preprocessing that there is some source
  file for every module and produce a nice error message if not (rather
  than having ghc --make fail later). We only looked for source files in
  the source directories, ie not the target/output build dir, since the
  build dir is where pre-processed files go, not original source files.
  Igloo's change should allow builds where there is no original source file
  at all, so long as there is some generated file in the build dir. In
  particular this allows custom Setup.hs files to generate modules out of
  thin air and for things to mostly work, even though the rest of the build
  system is unaware about how the file got built.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/PreProcess.hs +10

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=cabal;a=darcs_commitdiff;h=20100820120031-adfee-5a9d3d6612bcf5016da9905e5fa545e7fe963547.gz