[Hackage] #664: incorrect dependencies for packages with both library and executable in them

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Fri Apr 23 14:11:56 EDT 2010

#664: incorrect dependencies for packages with both library and executable in
them
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  kr.angelov@…          |        Owner:
      Type:  defect                |       Status:  closed
Ghcversion:                        |     Platform:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Changes (by duncan):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 This is fixed in Cabal-1.8.

 However so that we do not break all the old packages that accidentally
 depend on this bug, the fixed behaviour is only enabled if your package
 specifies `cabal-version: >= 1.8`.

 It is unfortunate that we have to conditionally enable this behaviour.
 Because the bug was around for so long many packages accidentally depend
 on it. Indeed gf-3.1.6 itself needs fixing! The lib part depends on pretty
 but does not say so. It's picking it up because it's specified for the gf
 executable.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/664#comment:1>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>