BibTeX entries for packages on Hackage

Henning Thielemann cabal at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Nov 25 19:14:11 EST 2009

Recently I wanted to refer to a Haskell package at Hackage in a paper
and I thought it would be a good idea to automatically generate BibTeX
entries for every uploaded package. I have attached a module that
generates a BibTeX entry from the upload time and the package
description. It will still need some fine tuning, e.g. LaTeX escapes for
non-ASCII characters.
  I have pulled the hackage-scripts package to my machine and like to know
where to add something - if the feature is wanted, at all. I expect that
the BibTeX entry should be generated at upload time and should be
mentioned in the main package page if it exists.