Specific license field

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:29:27 EST 2009

Hi,

I just got approached by Fedora maintainers with the query that HLint
doesn't specify it's license fully. The License field in the cabal
file says "GPL", and the LICENSE file has a copy of the GPL v2, but I
never say GPL version 2, or GPL version 2 and above etc. What is the
Cabal approved way to indicate your licensing constraints? I suspect
all other distro's packaging HLint have just guessed, or gone GPL 2
because that's clearly a subset of what I might have intended.

Thanks, Neil

PS. For anyone who stumbles across this email, the intention was to
license HLint under the GPL v2, but if that license doesn't suit
someone, email me.