haddock-2.3.0 literate comments discarded from .lhs input

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 21 09:28:45 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 23:24 +0100, David Waern wrote:

> Haddock doesn't expand this variable. I remember seeing code to expand
> it in Cabal, though. Maybe it's just not used for Haddock 2?
>
> Could be something we want to support in Haddock in the future,
> though. For example to allow a --package flag, to avoid having to
> specify files directly using --read-interface. Then Haddock needs to
> be able to expand this variable.

It certainly used to have a -package flag, Cabal used to use it. However
we decided it was better to switch to passing the files directly because
it gave us more control. For example we can check if the files really
exist, or we could if we wanted to, work with docs for packages that are
not yet registered.