haddock-2.3.0 literate comments discarded from .lhs input

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Wed Mar 18 17:54:45 EDT 2009

> Ok, all of Andrea's haddock changes are in Cabal HEAD now, so if you'd
> like to look at the .lhs situation now that'd be great.

I've finally tested this. It looks like Distribution.Simple.Haddock
module does what I want; now I just have to deal with the haddock
problems.

BTW, would it be a good idea to add (yet) another cabal flag that
retains temp files/directories? This would make it a lot easier to
diagnose issues with preprocessed source without having to modify and
rebuild cabal.

The 2 haddock problems I have now are:

(1) When cabal calls haddock it passes:

--read-interface=$httptopdir/doc/libraries/base,c:\ghc\ghc-6.10.1/doc/libraries/base\base.haddock

This results in links in the html docs like this (e.g. for Either):
file:///C:/bayleya/eclipse/workspace/takusen/src/dist/doc/html/Takusen/$httptopdir/doc/libraries/base/Data-Either.html#t%3AEither

i.e. the $httptopdir isn't being expanded, or whatever is meant to happen to it.

Is this a haddock issue, or a cabal issue?

(2) Also, there seems to be a bug in Haddock where preformatted text
in the HTML output
has extra CR inserted before the CRLF. Presumably this only affects
Windows users. I assume I should raise this with Gwern.

Alistair