[Hackage] #562: cabal-install update fails going through a HTTP proxy (but not consistently)

Hackage trac at galois.com
Thu Jun 11 16:02:47 EDT 2009

#562: cabal-install update fails going through a HTTP proxy (but not
consistently)
  Reporter:  acid2          |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:                 |     Platform:
Comment (by michaeldever):

 Extracting the tarball of the FileManip package that was downloaded yeilds
 this:

 {{{
 /home/member/d/dever/.cabal/packages/hackage.haskell.org/00-index.tar.gz

 gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
 FileManip-0.3.2/
 FileManip-0.3.2/README
 FileManip-0.3.2/FileManip.cabal
 FileManip-0.3.2/System/
 FileManip-0.3.2/System/FilePath/
 FileManip-0.3.2/System/FilePath/GlobPattern.hs
 tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
 tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
 }}}

 So it's definitely a problem with the HTTP package in my opinion. I'm not
 sure if it is a problem with the packages proxy handling, as it does
 download some of the package, but not all of it.

 Seeing as both the Zlib library, and tar yield an end of stream error, its
 something that I'm reckoning is happening during transport.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/562#comment:7>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>