Including object files in Cabal packages

C Rodrigues red5_2 at
Mon Jun 8 16:55:18 EDT 2009

It looks like my last post to the list got messed up somehow.
I want to build a Cabal package that contains some Haskell files and one C++ file, which contains C wrappers around C++ code.  I would like to compile the C++ file with a makefile, and do everything else (build, install, register, unregister) through Cabal.  However, will only build and link HS and C files; there's no way to link object files into the library.
Is there a reason not to add this feature?  Where should the list of object files go?  I can add it as a new field of BuildInfo, or make it another parameter of build.