[Haskell-cafe] Notice for package authors

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 07:56:19 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 11:36 +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Package authors,
>
> We are about to add an additional quality check in the Hackage upload
> process that will affect many packages. Hackage will require an upper
> bound on the version of the base package and reject packages that omit
> it.

The check is now active.

If you upload and think that your package is rejected in error then
please email the cabal-devel list or file a ticket:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/

Note that currently "cabal upload [--check]" is pretty awful at
reporting the package quality errors that hackage generates. The current
workaround is to use -v3 to see the whole HTTP conversation, the tail of
which will include package quality error messages. This should be
improved for a future release (see ticket #549 if you'd like to work on
it).