patch applied (cabal-install): Only apply preferences to base if its version is unbounded above

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 06:32:53 EDT 2009

Wed Jun  3 03:16:23 PDT 2009  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Only apply preferences to base if its version is unbounded above
  Fixes ticket #485. This means that for constraints like:
      build-depends: base >= 3 && < 5
  we will pick version 4. However we will continue to apply the
  version 3 preference for things like:
      build-depends: base >= 3
  Where there is no upper bound on the version. Note that we now
  also ignore preferences for base given on the command line.
  We should implement #483 to split prefs from shims.

    M ./Distribution/Client/Dependency/TopDown.hs -6 +20

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/_darcs/patches/20090603101623-adfee-114688df95c242d7dc32d6480bb40fb4bacded8b.gz