[Hackage] #480: "cabal list" fails after "cabal update"

Hackage trac at galois.com
Thu Jan 29 22:02:15 EST 2009

#480: "cabal list" fails after "cabal update"
  Reporter:  guest          |        Owner:         
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new    
  Priority:  normal         |    Milestone:         
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:         
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:  6.8.3  
  Platform:  Mac OS         |  
 I've got cabal-install version 0.5.2 and Cabal version After
 doing a "cabal update", "cabal list" fails with the following error:

 * GeoIp
       Latest version available: 0.3
       Category: Network
       Synopsis: Pure bindings for the MaxMind IP database.
       License:  OtherLicense

 cabal: Couldn't read cabal file "./Glob/0.1/Glob.cabal"

 I looked at some version numbers, and it ''seems'' like some version of
 GeoIp is confusing the tools.

 On another machine (Arch Linux, not Mac OSX) I built a new, did
 "cabal update" and then "cabal list" and it worked fine.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/480>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>
Hackage: Cabal and related projects

More information about the cabal-devel mailing list