patch applied (cabal-branches/cabal-1.6): Add Distribution.Compat.CopyFile module

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 18:59:29 EST 2009

Wed Jan 28 10:11:15 PST 2009  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Add Distribution.Compat.CopyFile module
  This is to work around the file permissions problems with the
  standard System.Directory.copyFile function. When installing
  files we do not want to copy permissions or attributes from the
  source files. On unix we want to use specific permissions and
  on windows we want to inherit default permissions. On unix:
  copyOrdinaryFile   sets the permissions to -rw-r--r--
  copyExecutableFile sets the permissions to -rwxr-xr-x

    M ./Cabal.cabal +1
    A ./Distribution/Compat/CopyFile.hs
    M ./Makefile -1 +1

View patch online: