ghc-6.6 + cabal-1.6 - can't find header files

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 15:56:37 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 19:02 +0000, Alistair Bayley wrote:
> 2009/1/27 Alistair Bayley <alistair at abayley.org>:
> > I'm puzzled as to why this build fails (ghc-6.6.1, cabal-1.6 (actually
> > HEAD, I think, but close enough, and winXP). The sqlite.h header file
> > is in C:\Progra~1\sqlite3\, which is clearly given with the -I option.
>
> Turns out it's the trailing backslash in the path C:\Progra~1\sqlite3\
> (same error for slashes, too). !?

I am very surprised. Is that problem at the gcc level? Does specifying
paths with trailing dir separator cause this problem for gcc in a simple
test case?

If it really is a problem with gcc on windows perhaps ghc can use an
updated gcc in future releases or we could try stripping trailing dir
separators on include dirs in Cabal.