Problems with install-includes

George Giorgidze ggg at cs.nott.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 12:02:46 EST 2009

Hi,

In my project I am using C include/header files that are
hierarchically nested into folders. These header files are used to
compile the Haskell package and everything is fine with the
compilation process.
I want these include files also to be installed with the package. From
the online documentation of Cabal I learned that there exists specific
field for this purpose called install-includes. However, it does not
work when include files are hierarchically nested into folders. Here
is relevant part of the cabal file I am using.

  include-dirs: cbits/sundials/include
  install-includes: nvector/nvector_serial.h

when I am issuing cabal install command I am getting the following error:

Hydra-0.1 failed during the final install step. The exception was:
/home/ggg/.cabal/lib/Hydra-0.1/ghc-6.10.1/include/nvector: copyFile: does not
exist (No such file or directory)

It seems to me that cabal forgets to create parent directories for
folder nested include files. For not-nested include files
install-includes filed works fine.

The Cabal version I am using is 1.6.0.1.
The cabal-install version I am using is 0.6.0

Currently, as a workaround I am using data-files field to install
include files. However, I would like to see this issue fixed (I assume
it is a bug).

Cheers, George

--
George Giorgidze