[Hackage] #447: do parallel builds

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:26:52 EST 2009

Among other potential issues, I think he's saying that the TCP window
size closes for any one connection (because the RTT is high, ACKs
don't come often enough).  Therefore, multiple downloads (multiple TCP
connections) can provide a boost even when going to the same server.

I've heard of this before and at the time advocated SCTP - not sure if
that's a good option here.

Tom