[Hackage] #199: when installing a new version of GHC, there should be a way to upgrade my packages

Hackage trac at galois.com
Mon Feb 23 16:52:29 EST 2009

#199: when installing a new version of GHC, there should be a way to upgrade my
packages
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  guest               |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:  6.8.2               |     Platform:  Linux
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Comment (by duncan):

 Replying to [comment:6 Saizan]:
 > How does this interact with keeping multiple compilers/versions side by
 side?
 > maybe we should have a world file for each one and be able to install
 the packages in world-compiler1 using compiler2

 There being just one world file is a feature, not a bug :-). It means that
 moving between compilers is easy. It's not likely that you want some
 things in one but not another. What is more likely is that there are some
 things that simply cannot be installed with an older version.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/199#comment:7>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>