[Hackage] #503: "cabal haddock" should accept --hyperlink-sources (not just --hyperlink-source)

Hackage trac at galois.com
Thu Feb 19 13:56:07 EST 2009

#503: "cabal haddock" should accept --hyperlink-sources (not just --hyperlink-
  Reporter:  SamB           |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:                 |     Platform:
Changes (by duncan):

  * difficulty:  unknown => very easy (<1 hour)

 Pretty easy. See for example the way we allow different spellings of
 "optimisation" vs "optimization":

 From `Distribution/Simple/Setup.hs`:
   noArg (Flag NoOptimisation) []
         ("disable-optimization": case showOrParseArgs of
               -- Allow British English spelling:
               ShowArgs -> []; ParseArgs -> ["disable-optimisation"])
         "Build without optimization"

 I'd like to make it even easier in future. Just declare flags with a
 single current name and a list of allowed deprecated or alias names. The
 latter would not show up in the `--help` output.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/503#comment:1>