[Hackage] #474: cabal-install needlessly reinstalls an existing package

Hackage trac at galois.com
Mon Feb 2 13:22:52 EST 2009

#474: cabal-install needlessly reinstalls an existing package
  Reporter:  judah               |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:                      |     Platform:
Comment (by judah):

 I removed the only overlapping packages (haskell98- and
 Cabal- in the user db that I could see and tried again, and got
 the same error as above.  ghc-pkg output is attached.

 Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that those two overlaps were caused by this
 issue (rather than being the cause of it), since `cabal install cabal-
 install` will install a new Cabal- in the user DB (as I mentioned

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/474#comment:3>