Fix the Paths_$pkg and sdist problem

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 17:52:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 13:30 +0200, Jean-Philippe Bernardy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Cabal 1.4 currently does not support creation of sdist if a Paths_
> module is present in library modules.
>
> I just sent a patch bundle against 1.4 for fixing this. I attempted to
> fix this only for a non configured
> package.

I had wanted to take a different approach that did not steal the name in
the module namespace from the user. But that's a bit tricky to make work
in practise so I've taken your approach instead.

I've used a slight variation on your patch. I filter out the module from
the package description right at the beginning rather than doing it at
the point of use (it'd have to be done in two places anyway,
pre-processing and preparing the source tree).

Thanks.