patch applied (cabal-branches/cabal-1.6): Relax dependencyInconsistencies to allow the base-3, 4 thing

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 17:56:28 EDT 2008

Thu Oct  2 00:41:42 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Relax dependencyInconsistencies to allow the base-3,4 thing
  Previously we said a package graph was inconsistent if two
  dependencies on the same package name specified different
  versions. Now we say that two such dependencies on different
  versions are ok if there is a direct dependency between those
  two package versions. So if your package graph ends up with
  both base 3 and base 4 in it, then that's ok because base 3
  directly depends on base 4, so we declare it not to be an
  inconsistency. This removes the scary warnings at configure
  time (fixing ticket #366) and also adjusts the invariant and
  assertion of the InstallPlan ADT in cabal-install.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/PackageIndex.hs -4 +20

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-branches/cabal-1.6/_darcs/patches/20081002074142-adfee-1a5d041cd9d4d31a504c279f3c1a521cdab71e7b.gz