patch applied (cabal-install): When finalising paired packages, cope with there being multiple choices

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 03:08:09 EDT 2008

Sat Oct  4 22:38:21 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * When finalising paired packages, cope with there being multiple choices
  For ordinary packages we selected a single version which means
   we added an equality constraint. As a consequence we used to
  assume there was only one version left when finalising. For
  paired packages there may be two versions left if the package
  did not directly constrain the choice to just one. If there is
  more than one version remaining then we have to pick between
  them. At the moment we still pick the highest version, but
  later we can take a global preference or polciy into account.

    M ./Distribution/Client/Dependency/TopDown.hs -5 +9

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/_darcs/patches/20081005053821-adfee-58e5abe9bee0fb763a5dd82ef25b4d528c13a54b.gz