patch applied (cabal-install): Generalise the logging of selected and discarded packages

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 03:07:49 EDT 2008

Sat Oct  4 16:25:55 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Generalise the logging of selected and discarded packages
  Allow for selecting several packages in one go.
  Currently when we select a package we only list the over versions
  of the same package that that excludes, and not the other packages
  we exclude by applying the dependency constraints of the selected
  package. In future we would like to do that so we now report the
  package name of discards not just the version. Though we do group
  by the package name to avoid too much repition.

    M ./Distribution/Client/Dependency/TopDown.hs -12 +25

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/_darcs/patches/20081004232555-adfee-b6c2632793304387f72a91aba0647c399d2f02b3.gz