[Hackage] #390: add cabal unpack command

Hackage trac at galois.com
Wed Nov 12 21:26:37 EST 2008

#390: add cabal unpack command
  Reporter:  duncan              |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:  6.8.3               |     Platform:
Comment (by Saizan):

 I've needed this command a lot lately, so i've written this patch.

 There are 2 TODOs there since i wasn't sure what was best from an UI pov:

 * When no precise version is specified it defaults to the latest that
   should we also take the packagePreferences field in consideration here?

 * Currently it ignores exceptions (however if something goes wrong the
 functions involved still print error messages), summarizing failures at
 the end like in 'cabal install' is probably what we want.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/390#comment:3>