patch applied (cabal): Remove last uses of parseReadS

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Mon Mar 24 22:36:12 EDT 2008

Mon Mar 24 16:28:04 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at>
  * Remove last uses of parseReadS
  One use was for parsing bools in the installed package info. We can
  go with the more liberal Text instance for that. The other use is for
  parsing Haskell strings in quoted string fields. So we keep it for
  that purpose but restrict the type and rename to parseHaskellString.

    M ./Distribution/InstalledPackageInfo.hs -2 +2
    M ./Distribution/ParseUtils.hs -6 +6

View patch online: