Three Cabal/Hackage GSoC project proposals

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Thu Mar 20 12:34:13 EDT 2008

I've proposed three GSoC proposals on different aspects of Cabal and

      * Cabal 'make-like' dependency framework

      * cabal-install package dependency resolution

      * Hackage build reporting

This is in addition to the project that Neil proposed:

      * Hoogle 4 (using it as the main interface to the hackage website)

I'd like to invite interested people to help improve the proposals and
to invite students to look at these and consider them. I'd also like
other people interested in mentoring any of these projects to sign up.

In particular, students who are interested should email the cabal-devel
and/or libraries list (though they'd have to subscribe I think) to
express their interest and work with us on improving the detail of their