patch applied (cabal): Add PackageSet, like PackageIndex but case sensitive

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 19:32:12 EDT 2008

Fri Jun 13 17:37:05 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Add PackageSet, like PackageIndex but case sensitive
  Actually it turns out that we don't need case insensitivity in many
  cases, mosty just for simple lookups in the UI. For everything else
  the ordinary Ord instance is much simpler. The fact that listing the
  contents of a PackageIndex doesn't come out in Ord order actually
  causes real problems in cabal-install and necessitates re-sorting.
  So we should move to using PackageSet in most cases and just leave
  the search and lookup operations in PackageIndex.

    M ./Cabal.cabal +1
    A ./Distribution/Simple/PackageSet.hs

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080614003705-adfee-12cead0af66f2d1d05e7488bbee103251f58b83f.gz