Cabal uses incorrect proxy settings

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 09:59:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just tried:

C:\Neil\hoogle>cabal update
Downloading package list from server
'http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive'
Warning: invalid http proxy uri: "wwwcache.sns.york.ac.uk:8080"
Warning: proxy uri must be http with a hostname
Warning: ignoring http proxy, trying a direct connection

Obviously it tried to go via the York cache, which is wrong. So I
checked the IE proxy settings, and found the attached screenshot.

i.e. the settings are as mentioned, but the checkbox to use those
settings is disabled. If you tell me which bit of the registry this
gets read from, I'll happily copy those keys.

Thanks

Neil