GHC's CPP and Cabal's unlit

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Thu Jan 31 09:43:22 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 14:25 +0000, Alistair Bayley wrote:

> the comment block (like cabal does)
>  - don't indent code relative to comments, because Haddock doesn't like this

Hmm, we will have to find another solution to this because the H98 unlit
spec clearly states that '>' is to be replaced with a ' ', not just
deleted. So if haddock barfs on code like:

-- a comment

 some code

then either we should fix haddock, or perhaps indent the comments too,

 -- the comment

 the code

Since we expect to use this unlit code more generally in future we do
need to make sure it is a compatible extension of the H98 unlit spec.