patch applied (cabal): Deprecate defaultUserHooks, export autoconfUserHooks. Fix ticket #165

Ross Paterson ross at
Mon Jan 28 19:28:54 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:12:44AM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> There are 26 versions of 16 distinct packages that use build-type:
> Configure. [...]  Of those 5 have no configure file:
> directory-
> mersenne-random-0.1
> old-time-
> process-
> Win32-
> So all the ones apart from mersenne-random are core packages. People
> tend not to build these since they're already installed. Incidentally
> the Win32 one is old (as is unix).

Most of these are packaging errors: directory, old-time and process
should have configure files -- they need extra-source-files entries.
Win32 should have build-type Simple.

So apart from these it's just Don.

> So, what's the verdict? Take a hard line or not? Seems to me we could
> get away with it.

Yes, could be.