Dependencies in user repository

Lars Kotthoff lists at
Thu Dec 4 14:57:10 EST 2008

> I'm also wondering how you configure ghc and ghc-pkg to look in this
> alternate location for the user package db, and if that carries over to
> what cabal sees when it calls ghc-pkg.

I'm using a wrapper script around ghc-pkg which sets the proper paths.

> So to see if we're getting the same views I think we should add some
> debugging printing into this function:

Here's the gory details when running setup with -v3 and added debug:

Reading installed packages...
    Cabal-, Cabal-, HUnit-, array-,
    base-, binary-0.4.4, bytestring-,
    containers-, directory-, filepath-,
    (ghc-6.8.3), haskell98-, hpc-, html-,
    mtl-, old-locale-, old-time-,
    packedstring-, parsec-, pretty-,
    process-, random-, readline-,
    regex-base-0.93.1, regex-compat-0.92, regex-posix-0.93.2, rts-1.0,
    template-haskell-, time-, unix-
    binary-0.4.2, dlist-0.4.1
Just "/usr/lib/ghc-6.8.3/package.conf"
Just "/home/lars/dev/mhailist/release/package.conf"
Setup.hs: At least the following dependencies are missing:
dlist >=0.2

It seems that despite calling the right thing and getting the right stuff it
doesn't find it :(