Dependencies in user repository

Lars Kotthoff lists at
Mon Dec 1 16:40:42 EST 2008

Dear all,

 I'm having trouble getting Cabal to find packages installed in my user

When I run ghc-pkg list manually, I can see all the required packages, listed in
the section for my user repository. When I run ghci I can import said packages
as well. Yet when I run ghc on the Setup.hs file of a package which requires
said packages, it tells me that the dependencies are missing.

It works when I use --package-db to explicitely point it to the user
package.conf. Am I missing an extra flag or something like that to make it take
the packages in the user repository into account? I'm using Cabal version