cabal-install calls setup with unrecognised distpref flag

José Pedro Magalhães jpm at
Wed Aug 6 05:38:07 EDT 2008

Hello all,

Recently, while developing a package here in the group, we changed the
build-type from "Simple" to "Custom" to allow for "cabal test". The Setup.hs
simply calls defaultMainWithHooks with simpleUserHooks where runTests has
been redefined.

The problem is that this change gives me the following error when invoking
"cabal build" (after invoking "cabal configure"):
setup.exe: Unrecognised flags:

runhaskell Setup.hs build works fine, though. This happens on a win64
machine, cabal-install version 0.5.1 using version of the library.
On a mac there seem to be no problems, though.

Am I doing something wrong?