patch applied (cabal): Change handling of bool command line args to allow an unset state

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 07:55:06 EDT 2008

Tue Apr 29 13:11:23 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Change handling of bool command line args to allow an unset state
  For bool valued flags we were always producing the command line
  string corresponding to a false flag value, even if the flag was
  not set. For example we'd always get "--disable-shared".
  It is important for cabal-install to be able to take an empty set
  of flags, override a few flags and turn the flags back into
  command line strings without getting a lot of extra defaults.
  Partly this is because we have to work with older versions of the
  Cabal library command line which does not recognise the new options.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/Command.hs -6 +9
    M ./Distribution/Simple/Setup.hs -2 +2

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080429201123-adfee-035dad7fcc87e3cd60af246fc08d3930812fd987.gz