patch applied (cabal): Fix the check for -XFooBar ghc-options flags to be more permissive

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 17:06:37 EDT 2008

Wed Apr 23 12:02:43 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Fix the check for -XFooBar ghc-options flags to be more permissive
  Previously we rejected all such flags but that posed the problem that older
  versions of Cabal, like 1.1.6 did not understand new extensions so we
  could not actually follow the advice and use the extenion. So now we only
  warn about -X flags if they refer to old extensions that Cabal 1.1.6 knew
  about. If the .cabal file specifies cabal-version: >= 1.2 or similar
  (anything that excludes 1.1.6) then we warn about all -X flags.

    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Check.hs -2 +24

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080423190243-adfee-d3ff721f57b1b03aa7deee79e3a1e98f87c9fadb.gz