patch applied (cabal-branches/cabal-1.4): Fix unionBuildInfo

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Wed Apr 23 11:46:43 EDT 2008

Sun Apr 20 11:05:20 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at>
  * Fix unionBuildInfo
  Fix ticket #264 to use nub only on the fields which are treated as sets.
  Probably we should be using the right types and mappend for each field.
  Change to construct a new value from scratch rather than overriding one
  of the two args. This helps to make sure we're updating all the field
  as we get a warning if we miss any. Turns out we were missing the ghc
  profiling and shared libs options which meant they were getting dropped.
  That had the effect of ghc-prof-options: in .cabal files being ignored.
  Thanks to 'midfield' from #haskell for spotting this.

    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription.hs -21 +24

View patch online: