patch applied (cabal): Check for the required cabal version early in parsing

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 06:33:03 EDT 2008

Wed Apr  9 08:46:55 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Check for the required cabal version early in parsing
  Previously we only checked the "cabal-version" field after parsing
  and all other configure processing. If the package really needs a
  later Cabal version it is of course highly likely that parsing or
  configure are going to fail and the user is not going to get the
  helpful error message about the version of Cabal required. So now
  we do the check early during parsing. If a later version is
  required and parsing subsequently fails, we now report the version
  issue, not the subsequent parse error. If parsing succeeds we
  still issue a warning which should be a useful hint to the user if
  subsequent configure processing fails.

    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Parse.hs -15 +34

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080409154655-adfee-7618f75270d5c66cb34a9120eb775d57aaf0f799.gz