[Hackage] #167: cabal-install should treat package names case insenitively in the UI wherever possible

Hackage trac at galois.com
Fri Nov 2 11:30:44 EDT 2007

#167: cabal-install should treat package names case insenitively in the UI
wherever possible
  Reporter:  duncan         |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement    |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:  6.4.2          |     Platform:  Linux
Comment (by guest):

 Hmm, I can't easily find it. It might have been on IRC or in person. It
 also might have been about names used by ghc-pkg rather than Cabal, but I
 don't think so. Or maybe I just dreamt it...

 As I understood it, foo=FOO, so FOO-2.0 is later than foo-1.0 as 2.0 >
 1.0.

 Likewise, FOO-2.0 and foo-2.0 are the same version.

 -- Ian Lynagh

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/167#comment:4>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>