[Hackage] #167: cabal-install should treat package names case insenitively in the UI wherever possible

Hackage trac at galois.com
Thu Nov 1 07:28:48 EDT 2007

#167: cabal-install should treat package names case insenitively in the UI
wherever possible
  Reporter:  duncan         |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement    |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:  6.4.2          |     Platform:  Linux
Old description:

> Currently saying {{{cabal list haxml}}} works fine and returns hits for
> {{{HaXml}}} which is good. The same does not apply when it comes to
> {{{cabal list haxml}}}. So what it should do is to look case-
> insnesitively for haxml. If the match is not exact case-sensitively and
> there are more than one packages matching case-insensitively then it
> should abort with a message listing the matches. This should not often
> happen since within any single HackageDB server, we check that packages
> names are unique case-insensitively but it's possible to get ambiguities
> if cabal-install has been configured to use multiple repos.

New description:

 Currently saying {{{cabal list haxml}}} works fine and returns hits for
 {{{HaXml}}} which is good. The same does not apply when it comes to
 {{{cabal install haxml}}}. So what it should do is to look case-

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/167#comment:1>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>